Growing up “ugly” and how self confidence changed my life | 丑不丑,自己说了算!
Growing up “ugly” and how self-confidence changed my life | Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

学习步骤
- 1无字幕视频——建立原始语感
- 2纯音频磨听——强化听觉记忆
- 3双语字幕视频——理解对照
- 4重点词汇——精准积累
- 5地道表达——母语化模仿
- 6听音填空——捕捉细节
- 7纯英文本精读——深化理解
- 8中英文本——培养地道翻译能力
记录你听到的关键词、场景和情绪
These are all just really superficial things that don't even matter.
这些都只是非常表面的东西,甚至不重要。
I just felt even more insecure.
我只是感到更加不自信。
I found things I was passionate about.
我找到了我热爱的事情。
As I gained more independence, I also gained more self confidence.
随着我变得更加独立,我也变得更加自信。
I felt less pressure to be the stereotypical American girl with blonde hair, blue eyes.
我感到不再有压力去成为那种金发碧眼的刻板印象中的美国女孩。
But it was more of a reflection of how I felt about myself.
但这更多是我对自己感受的反映。
And it will have a positive impact on your outer appearance.
它会对你的外表产生积极的影响。
When you are truly happy with yourself, you will gain the confidence that you need.
当你真正对自己感到满意时,你将获得所需的信心。
Because your definition of beauty does not have to be defined by other people.
因为你对美的定义不必由他人来定义。
Then you're never going to be able to become the best version of yourself.
那么你将永远无法成为最好的自己。
at the end of the day
At the end of the day, these are all just really superficial things that don't even matter.
归根结底,这些都只是非常肤浅的东西,甚至不重要。
not good enough
I felt like I wasn't good enough, not pretty enough, not smart enough.
我觉得自己不够好,不够漂亮,不够聪明。
gain confidence
And as I gained more independence, I also gained more self confidence.
随着我变得更加独立,我也变得更加自信。
best version of yourself
But if you don't like yourself, and you don't feel confident in your own abilities, then you're never going to be able to become the best version of yourself.
但如果你不喜欢自己,对自己的能力没有信心,那么你将永远无法成为最好的自己。
don't get me wrong
Don't get me wrong, I'm not perfect.
别误会我的意思,我并不完美。
take advantage of
So you might as well take advantage of it and do something good for yourself.
所以你不如利用这个机会,为自己做些有益的事情。
fit into
Many people think that because they don't fit into the beauty standard, then that means that they're not beautiful.
许多人认为,因为他们不符合美的标准,就意味着他们不美丽。
Because true beauty really comes from within.
因为真正的美丽确实来自内心。
make yourself happy
I think if you focus more on yourself, whether that be learning something new, working on self improvement, making yourself happy, you'll find that you're beautiful in your own way.
我认为如果你更多地关注自己,无论是学习新事物、自我提升还是让自己快乐,你会发现你以自己的方式美丽。
shine
Because you'll really start to shine.
因为你真的会开始闪耀。
I used to be very _____1_____, or at least I thought I was.
And these girls also got a lot of _____2_____ from guys.
And I just felt even more _____3_____.
Honestly, at the end of the day, these are all just really _____4_____ things that don't even matter.
When I got to college, I started focusing on my own self _____5_____.
And as I gained more independence, I also gained more self _____6_____.
Because sure, you can learn how to do _____7_____, you can change your hair, you can change your clothes.
But there was something _____8_____ about each and every one of them.
When you are truly _____9_____ with yourself, you will gain the confidence that you need.
Because true _____10_____ really comes from within.
原声段落播放 · 点击任意句子即可播放
还没有选择句子
I used to be very ugly,
我曾经非常丑,
or at least I thought I was.
至少我自己是这么认为的。
When I was growing up, I was always upset
在我成长的过程中,我总是很沮丧
that I didn't look like my classmates with the
因为我的样子和同学们不一样,
straight blonde hair and all these expensive
她们有着直直的金发和那些昂贵的
name brand clothes.
名牌衣服。